Cecil's career in senior housing started 25 years ago. He is a Certified Senior Advisor and has held positions as a retirement community manager, corporate director of services and vice president for a large privately held retirement housing management company. As a new business operations strategist Cecil worked with numerous developers, owners and management companies across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Cecil has called Tucson home for the past 30 years and after 14 years of travel and living in Seattle, he relocated back to the Old Pueblo to be closer to his own mother and family. He founded Old Pueblo Placement Services to share his extensive knowledge and help people navigate the many lifestyle and care options available. A commitment to personalized service sets Old Pueblo Placement Services apart from the larger national placement agencies. Cecil has a great passion for Seniors and has dedicated his career to serving the community as an innovative operational leader in the senior housing industry.
Old Pueblo Placement Services Disclosure Statement
- OPPS (Old Pueblo Placement Services) is a Senior Housing Consulting business that assists seniors and their families to understand the many options available in independent living, assisted living and memory care communities in the greater Tucson area.
- We visit each home, community or facility we work with to better understand the lifestyle and care options available.
- Cecil Rinker has over 25 years of experience in the senior housing field serving as an administrator in Independent Living and Assisted Living communities. Cecil has experience in operations and served as an Operations Director and Vice President for a large assisted living management company for 17 years.
- In addition to Cecil’s experience with Senior Living, Cecil holds a current CSA certification (Certified Senior Advisor) and a Current Caregiver license in the state of Arizona.
- There are no fees associated with our services. We are contracted with senior communities, memory care facilities, and care homes in the greater Tucson area.
- OPPS is compensated by the community, facility or home if a client chooses to move into a community that OPPS introduces. Compensation is 50% of the 1st month’s rental and care fees paid to the community by the Client. (in some cases, OPPS accepts a flat rate of $1,500 from communities as full compensation.)
- Clients should be aware that programs by the State and Federal governments may reduce costs for care. Veteran’s Aide and Attendance programs are based on Military Service with spousal benefits and ALTCS (Arizona’s Long-Term Care System) is the state’s Medicaid program. Meeting financial, and physical qualifications generally apply to these programs. OPPS can direct you to the appropriate resources for more information and assistance with applications.
- OPPS works with a large number of communities, facilities and homes as a sub-contractor.
- OPPS is not a senior advocacy business, but will do our best to explain costs, rental specials or discounted promotions from the senior care providers.
- OPPS works with most all large providers in the Tucson Market and many smaller care homes. There are hundreds of adult care homes in Southern Arizona and OPPS works with approximately 40 homes across the city. If OPPS is not contracted with a particular home, we will approach the home to gain information for our clients.
- A copy of the agreements or contracts with OPPS and the communities, facilities or homes are available upon request.
- OPPS includes the latest state survey results on each community, facility and home that we work with. State surveys are published on the Arizona Department of Health Services Website at azdhs.gov
- OPPS depends on advertising and word of mouth referrals to promote services. OPPS does not compensate others such as discharge planners, doctors or healthcare providers for referrals.
- We strive to provide services and information important to making an informed decision to all our clients..